We are super happy to announce the addition of another chain to our gasless universe! After launching our Gasless ZeroSwapDEX on Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Avalanche, Fantom, and Celo in recent times, it is time to relieve you from paying any gas and provide a seamless swapping experience on the Optimism Chain! It is the first step we are taking towards gasless swaps on Optimism!
Optimism is an Ethereum Layer-2 (L2) solution centred on low cost and ease of use. Optimism's open mainnet was launched in December 2021. Since Optimism was designed to mirror Ethereum closely, developers can deploy existing contracts on the blockchain in a streamlined manner.
Rapid network growth
- ~487,814 highest transactions per day.
- 1.4M+ unique addresses with over 2.4K daily increment.
- No. 6 by Total Value Locked - $1.67B
dApps, Services, and DeFi on Optimism
Optimism has seen an influx of projects, with over 100+ projects deploying their dApps to Optimism. These include innovative application providers and protocols that support Fantom's pioneering work in DeFi and now include ZeroSwap's Gasless DEX!
What are the prerequisites? NONE!
Users can access the gasless swaps on the Optimism chain without staking. Just Connect > Select and ZeroSwap!
Optimism’s impressive growth follows a liquidity mining program launch for Aave’s deployment on the network announcing that 5M OP tokens have been allocated to a 90-day program to incentivize Aave users to migrate to the L2. Optimism now hosts the second-largest deployment of Aave v3 with $565M locked, sitting behind Avalanche’s $948M.
- Optimism is a layer 2 chain which functions on top of the Ethereum mainnet (layer 1). Transactions take place on Optimism, but the data about transactions get posted to the mainnet where they are validated.
- Optimism is the second-largest Ethereum layer 2 with a total of $900 million locked into its smart contracts
- Optimism operates with the same EVM-compatible smart contract as Ethereum and is secured by the Ethereum mainnet, providing an ideal solution for new DApps to build on.
- Optimism has gained institutional support from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and Paradigm. In March 2022, they raised a total of $150 million in a Series B funding round at a valuation of $1.65 billion.
- Optimism took a big step toward decentralization in April 2022, launching the Optimism Collective DAO to fund public goods and govern the protocol. It also began airdropping newly created OP tokens to Optimism users and others who could help push the DAO—and Optimism's decentralized future—forward.
The Roadmap Moving Forward — ZeroSwap x Optimism
- ZeroSwap will provide gasless swaps and gasless launch of tokens on Optimism.
- After successfully launching the Gasless ZeroSwapDEX on Optimism, our next move is to integrate the chain on the P2E Leaderboard for Optimism users to swap their favourite tokens on-chain and win while they do so!
- Through DeFi Wizard, our B2B division, we aim to help all businesses with their Smart Contract needs on the Optimism Chain via our 1-stop solution for all your requirements.
ZeroSwap provides users with a simplified way to swap on multichains with zero gas fees. We pay gas for users when they swap on-chain, using meta-transactions.
We are live on Binance Smart Chain, Polygon, Avalanche, Fantom, Celo and Optimism and plan to integrate Aurora and Ethereum Chain soon.